Visas are a conditional permit given by a nation to a non-native, making it possible for them to stay and enter the nation for an agreed-upon period. For those who want to stay for a long time for long-term stays, the Spanish consulate generally offers two choices: 1)) Visas for a family reunion or 2) working or studying visas.

Family Reunification Visa (Spain visa kinds) The law states that the spouse of your (husband/wife) is of Spanish nationality and resides in Spain You can apply for the residence card of the “family members or EU citizen” in the event that your spouse doesn’t have any restrictions according to Spanish laws on immigration. Furthermore, there are certain conditions for this kind of visa based on whether you’re a citizen of or outside of the EU.

You can also apply for a Spain visa, which is the “Visitor’s Visa” if it is your first visit to Spain. If you are applying for Family Reunification visas, the duration of your stay must not exceed three years, which includes trips beyond Spain. The application process begins after you’ve received the approval for residency rights from the local immigration office of your spouse. For more information visit GlobeTrooper to know more about Spain visa application.

Working or student visa (Spain visa kinds) This type of visa permits you to work, study or conduct a study in Spain. The Spanish employers or Spanish universities must issue your invitation letter to the Spanish consulate or embassy to which you plan to apply after they have received approval through the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs to recruit foreign workers through their program. They must submit an official request along with proof that there aren’t any Spanish workers who can perform the job. For more information visit

What is a visa application need to be?


The application for visas requires you to submit the required documents A legitimate passport with two recent passport-sized photographs and an employment contract or an acceptance letter from your school as well as proof of having enough funds to pay for the cost of your trip to Spain and health insurance. The total duration for this kind of visa can not exceed three years, which includes trips out of Spain.

The process of applying for a visa for Spain may seem overwhelming, However, with a bit of planning, it’s straightforward to get through. Here are some helpful tips to help you navigate the procedure:

1. Be sure to have all the necessary documents. This includes an authentic passport as well as proof of your travel plans and proof of funds to pay for your stay in Spain.

2. Prepare for the interview. You might be asked questions regarding your travel plans and the reasons you’d like to travel to Spain. Be truthful and respond to any questions clearly and succinctly.

3. Make sure you have ample time for the process of applying for a visa. It could take several weeks to have a visa and therefore don’t be waiting for the final minute before you submit your application.

4. Be sure to have an original return ticket that is valid or an open-ended one (a return ticket that is valid within 6 months from now).

5. The most important thing is to be truthful and honest in providing precise details! False information can result in the immediate denial to process your application for a visa. Be sure to make sure you check for any modifications in Spain visa requirements prior to you submitting your application for an entry visa.

If denied appeal the decision, or talk to counsel from an immigration attorney.

There are a variety of kinds of Spanish visas, so make certain to speak directly with your Spanish consulate that is located in your city to determine which one is applicable to you. Be aware that the process of applying for a visa could be lengthy, Therefore, you should begin planning prior to the date you want to travel!

New fast-track visa


Investors and entrepreneurs who are not from the EU highly trained professionals and researchers can make an application for permit and visas that are expedited, which offer advantages, such as an automatic residence for every member of the family, with no limit on the duration of time, as well as unlimited travel within all of the Schengen zone of visas.

There are certain criteria to satisfy every category of applicants, for instance, investors might be required to pay the equivalent of half a million euros in order in order to purchase a Spanish property. For more details about the criteria for all categories of applicants contact your local Spanish consulate or the embassy in the country you reside in.

Permanent residency Permanent residence Spain


After five years of residence, you can apply for the right to stay for a long or permanent period. If you’re a member of the Blue Card from a member state of the EU and have resided elsewhere in the EU for at least five years, it also gives you the right of permanent residency in Spain. A permit for permanent residence allows the holder to remain in Spain for an extended period of time, with the same conditions as Spanish citizens.

You can apply for Spanish citizenship after a period of 10 years in Spain. You can also get Spanish citizenship by marriage or by having Spanish parents regardless of the fact you have been born in a different country than Spain.

When you arrive


Within the first 30 days following your arrival date in Spain, all non-EU/EEA residents or Swiss citizens who want to remain for longer than 3 months must apply for a residence permit or a residence card ( Tarjeta de Residenciaor TIE). The application should be made at the Foreigner’s Office ( Oficina de Extranjeros) or a police station in the area where you live.

You’ll need proof of a valid passport or ID, passport photographs in black and white, and an application form to be completed with proof of your address, financial statements from health insurance companies, bank statements, and other documents that relate to your particular circumstances, such as your employment contract, proof of university enrollment or academic qualifications.

A temporary permit to reside allows the holder to live in Spain for periods of 90-days up to five years. It’s renewable.

Working in Spain


The European Union/European Economic Zone and Swiss citizens can work without a permit in Spain But, most everybody else requires one.

It is the responsibility of the company to file applications for authorization on behalf of you that’s why you need to receive an employment offer along with an agreement to work. Once you’ve gotten that, together with your boss who’s been given permission to work for you and you’re eligible to submit an application for an entrance visa for Spain.

Some individuals don’t require working permits. This is, for example, family members who have joined an individual from the family living in Spain or who are taking the job on a volunteer basis. You must be at least 18 (or at minimum 16 if you are self-employed) in order to be allowed to go to Spain for work that is legal.